Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Suddenly screaming noise from the bowthruster and not moving the prop anymore
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, October 5, 2018, 12:31 PM

Good afternoon
Alexandre,

Thank you so much for your advice
and explanation.

I noticed that in your case the
bearings in the foot were worn out. But is it also possible
that the problem can be with the connection between the
shaft and
the electric motor? It seems the ‘screaming noise’ is
coming from the top, because it is so loud.

Kind regards,

Willem

Date: Friday, October 5, 2018, 4:03 AM

Hello fellow Amel

owners,

I just moored my boat in

the El Portet Marina in DENIA, Spain and almost done, the

bow thruster did not function anymore and made a
screaming

noise. The prop is still there but it can turn almost

without any resistance.

Any idea what can be wrong

and how to repair is very much

welcome.