Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Shock from windlass
Thanks Steve. I just ran new wires to the port nav light last year. I’ll look there first.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Thinking out loud here:
So that means there was a fault in the windlass energizing the case (? Dust from the contacts?), and the circuit is completed by the negative wire from the nav light? Light doesn’t have to be on because switch for the lights is on the (+) wire, (-) is always connected. If it were the (+) wire from the light, it would only be hot when the switch for the light was on. Uhhhh, right???
USA cell: 828-234-6819
On Oct 5, 2018, at 3:21 PM, Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
Had a similar problem on Aloha a few years ago. It was a part of the nav light wire which had brittle insulation and exposed wire was making contact with inside of rail. It would give you a mild DC shock.
Good luck sorting out the problem.
Aloha SM 72