Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Suddenly screaming noise from the bowthruster and not moving the prop anymore

Willem Kroes

Thanks Bill, I will go to the boatyard next Wednesday for a already planned haul out. The broblem must be on the foot or on the top gears.

Best regards,

Willem

SM # 351 KAVANGA

Op 5 okt. 2018 15:43 schreef "Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners]" :

There can be several causes.

Nikimat gave you a very complete answer, but to find the exact cause, you will need to disassemble the bow thruster.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be considered when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any mechanical and/or electrical device or system referred to above.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 4:03 AM kavanga@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello fellow Amel owners,

I just moored my boat in the El Portet Marina in DENIA, Spain and almost done, the bow thruster did not function anymore and made a screaming noise. The prop is still there but it can turn almost without any resistance.

Any idea what can be wrong and how to repair is very much welcome.

Best regards,

Willem Kroes

SM #351 KAVANGA

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.