Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Suddenly screaming noise from the bowthruster and not moving the prop anymore

Willem Kroes

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your fast reaction. The SM does not have a clutch like the 54. It's either the top- gears or the gears on he foot that failed. I will see what's wrong after the haul out next week.

Best regards,

Willem

SM #351 KAVANGA

Op 5 okt. 2018 11:20 schreef "Martin K luvkante@... [amelyachtowners]" :

Your clutch is broken

Martin
AMEL54 #149 „CHIARA“

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 05.10.2018 um 11:03 schrieb kavanga@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hello fellow Amel owners,

I just moored my boat in the El Portet Marina in DENIA, Spain and almost done, the bow thruster did not function anymore and made a screaming noise. The prop is still there but it can turn almost without any resistance.

Any idea what can be wrong and how to repair is very much welcome.

Best regards,

Willem Kroes

SM #351 KAVANGA