Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Shock from windlass


greatketch@...
 

Kent,

If there was no AC shore power connected, then that makes things a lot simpler--and safer.

24 Volts DC will normally not give enough current flow through the human body to notice. With very sweat-wet skin I have felt feel what might best be called a "tingle," not anything I'd call a "jolt" although it can be surprising.  

You can certainly put one hand on each terminal of a 24 Volt battery and not feel a thing, because your body has a far higher resistance than that wrench shorted across those same terminals.

Anything less than 50 Volts is normally considered "safe" for people.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.