Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Shock from windlass

Kent,

I am not medically trained but I believe that It requires between 200 and 1000s of DC voltage when you do that medical procedure...that's what is happening when "charging." There is a large capacitor charging so that the patient receives a momentary burst.

You need to look for a 110-220VAC source of current.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018, 15:59 greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent,

If there was no AC shore power connected, then that makes things a lot simpler--and safer.

24 Volts DC will normally not give enough current flow through the human body to notice. With very sweat-wet skin I have felt feel what might best be called a "tingle," not anything I'd call a "jolt" although it can be surprising.

You can certainly put one hand on each terminal of a 24 Volt battery and not feel a thing, because your body has a far higher resistance than that wrench shorted across those same terminals.

Anything less than 50 Volts is normally considered "safe" for people.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie