Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Shock from windlass
Ok, thanks Bill and Bill. Going to check it out tomorrow.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
If there was no AC shore power connected, then that makes things a lot simpler--and safer.
24 Volts DC will normally not give enough current flow through the human body to notice. With very sweat-wet skin I have felt feel what might best be called a "tingle," not anything I'd call a "jolt" although it can be surprising.
You can certainly put one hand on each terminal of a 24 Volt battery and not feel a thing, because your body has a far higher resistance than that wrench shorted across those same terminals.
Anything less than 50 Volts is normally considered "safe" for people.