Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Anchor Roller Removal...

Dan Carlson

Hi Bill, it looks like it is welded.  I had to replace a broken pin on mine.  I found a clever welder and he ground out the welded edge very quickly with minimal loss of metal to remove thenold pin.  He then fashioned two ss 'washers' about 2 inches in diamete with the required 1/2 inch center hole for the pin (can't remember the exact deminsions) and welded these onto the 'ears' for reinforcement.  He then fashioned  a new pin with a flange on one end and a cotterpin through a hole on the other.  I think it better than it was new.  The original pin broke.

Dan Carlson, on sv BeBe, sm 387

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 6:31 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]
wrote:

Thanks Bill,

That is sure what it look like... makes me wonder how they got it together in the first place!

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA