Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Holding Tank Retrofit on SM

Ian Townsend

Hi Steve. Here is a pic.

Both our aft and fwd head facings screw off easily. We installed a 13.5 gallon plastic tank in the fwd head. Cut out topmost two cubby shelves. Ran hose from top of tank to a pump out fitting on the deck. Ran a breather hose to outboard vent fitting. Then a hose from the bottom of the tank connected to the thruhull for discharge when offshore.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

On Oct 8, 2018, at 2:29 PM, steve@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Friends,

I intend to retrofit holding tanks on my 1994 SM #117. Looking for more info on how someone has done this. I have searched here for "tanks" and aside from a good reference for a Vetus WASTE WATER TANK 60 LTR. SKU: WW60W, which is very helpful, I've found little else. I am curious about the installation on the SM. I want to put my tanks behind the shelving facia in the head, but how do you get the facia off the shelves? Mine is fiberglassed in. I don't see how it's coming off without a sawsall. Does anyone have any information and/or pictures of how the got their holding tank in there? Did your facia just unscrew? Please provide year/Vessel # for reference.

Many thanks,

-Steve Bode

SV Intention