Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] alternative to WLO for SSB ship-to-shore communication?

Mark Erdos

Ryan and Kelly,

When the InReach is inside the boat, we have it on a suction hook attached to the window in the salon. Not only does this add to the décor but works well using this method. Once the InReach is synced to a device you basically don’t need to touch the InReach unit. I don’t use InReach for weather so I can’t comment of that part of your question. It can be done on the phone or tablet app: https://youtu.be/5rDY2bIUOwc

As an FYI, after you are out of the USA for a couple of months, T-Mobil will cut you off. In the mice type of their plan they say it is for temporary international travel. We have know several cruisers how were left high and dry by T-Mobil.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff