To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: closereach@yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:55:27 +0000
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hard or Soft Antifouling

Ok, one more opinion :-)
We had 5 years using one application of 2 coats of Interlux Micron 33
with excellent results; maybe it's available outside the USA as tin is
the 'active' ingredient and isn't allowed anymore on recreational
marine vessels. We applied Micron 66 ten months ago with great results
so far. Both are soft, or ablative, anti-fouling bottom paints.
Richard
SM #5 "Spice"

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Armin" <n4796p@...> wrote:

Dear Richard and Joan,
thanks for your answer, it seams that there is no other opinion in the
whole forum. Therefore we will stay on the hard antifouling for the
next seasons.

Best regards
Armin
S/Y ASHIA
SM2k, #357

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Richard Piller
<richard03801@> wrote:

We like Pettit Trinadad SR for an all around hard paint. It has
worked by far better then any of the "soft" stuff we have tried...
Richard and Joan on Challenge in Corse for the winter