Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Climma A/C saltwater plumbing - I was wrong!

Mark Erdos

Bill,

I do not think you are wrong. The old saying, I was wrong once when I thought I was wrong.

First, the date on the schematic is 2014. Perhaps this is true for vessels manufactured after this date. However, the Amel factory installed units on Cream Puff are most certainly in series. Case in point, the forward AC unit’s output is connected directly to the through hull fitting under the port berth in the forward cabin. This is the only output for the sea-water flow. If the units were in parallel, there would have to be some sort of manifold for the other unit’s output to come together for this exit point between the unit and the through hull fitting. But, there isn’t. Or, there would have to be additional through hull fittings for the other AC units. This is also not the case. The only way this can be explained is the units are in series.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Aruba

www.creampuff.us