Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Older Maramu mooring line position

David Wallace

Hi Miles
On Air Ops the previous owner added large eye bolts to the aft lifting plates so we use them to run a spring line aft. Then I have a line with a large attached carabiner that we hook onto the fwd lifting plate for a forward spring line. We've thought about mounting a cleat amidships but spend so little time in marinas that it’s never risen very high on our work list.

Dave
sv Air Ops
Marabú 104

On Oct 10, 2018, at 1:09 PM, smiles bernard smilesbernard@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi there
I’m sitting in a marina for the first time in a while and there is a little bit of a surge
It’s got me wondering about the ‘proper’ Amel way to tie up this boat.
Unlike any other boat I’ve ever been on before the older Maramus have no midship cleats for the spring lines
So I presume I use the lifting eyes ?
Or perhaps these have an alternative use?
So be interested to know you tie up your springs and any why the lifting chain plates have 2 holes in. One large one small.
Many thanks in advance
Miles