From: sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Thu, Oct 11, 2018 8:09 am
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Diesel leak

I have discovered that all three nipples screwed into the high pressure pump are leaking around the threads. I have a Volvo TMD22a . I could only get a wrench on the one on the end and tightened it a bit, but still leaking. I was told that I should reinstall them with teflon tape  around the threads. Would this be the recommended way to go? I am afraid a sealant may find its way into the system. Secondly, will I be able to bleed the air at the pump , or will I need to bleed the system at the injectors ?
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans