Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Antifouling and winter berthing in Spain

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

We are now in Porto Vecchio on Corsica for the winter. If you need a place for the winter this is a good one. The rate with power and ele. is 2600 Eu. for the seven months. They have space. There are 4 Amels here for the winter.
From here we can walk to marine stores and three major markets for food and such. The ferry goes to Marseille 3 times a week and the airport with flights to Marseille, Paris ect is 20 Km away. We find life here very comfortable is a harbor that never sees freezing temps. And if you do wish to see and feel snow go to the north end and at 8000 feet you get lots of snow. Water is good and there are people around here swimming all winter...
Good luck
Richard and Joan on Challenge SM 209

--- On Thu, 11/6/08, Jose_Luis Isasi <jose.luis.isasi@motorola.com> wrote:

From: Jose_Luis Isasi <jose.luis.isasi@motorola.com>
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Antifouling and winter berthing in Spain
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Anne and John,

I have my Amel Euros 60 miles to the south of San Carlos de
la Rapita
(Burriana port) near Castellon. I have never heard of
freezes in this
area.
With the World Climate Change, you never know though.. :-).

Best regards
Jose-Luis

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "John and Anne
on Bali Hai"
<annejohn@...> wrote:

We have used Micron Extra for the past six years and
are very happy
with it.It lasts for over two years provided that if
the boat is
hauled out during that time we succeed in stopping the
yard from
blasting it with high pressure hoses. We just wipe it
down with a
soft cloth or sponge keeping it wet with a hose until
the slime has
all been wiped off. We do use a high pressure hose to
clean the
hull
when it is hauled out to be anti fouled again but we
are careful to
keep the end of the jet at least three feet or half a
metre away
from
the hull as Amel suspect that high pressure hoses are
a major cause
of osmosis. If any growth appears during the season I
wipe the hull
down with a soft sponge using SCUBA kit. I have a long
pessure hose
to link me with the air bottle which remains on deck
and find this
system good for cleaning the prop which is so
sensitive to any
growth.

There is a new marina being completed at Sant Carles
de la Rapita
on
the east coast of Spain about 90 miles north east of
Mallorca and
about half way between Barcelona and Valencia. The
developers are
MDL
Ltd, a big player in the marina markets on the south
coast of
England. All the pontoons are in place and the office
building is
also in use. The hard standing area is under
construction and a
travel hoist will be provided very soon. Berths are
for sale or
rent
and there is a special deal on offer as the marina is
not complete
yet.Bali Hai is there on a pontoon pending completion
of the hard
standing and the rate for winter storage for a 15
metre boat is
only
about 1800 euros for October to end May 2009 including
haul out and
launch. Power and water are not metered and will
remain so. We are
told that it does not get cold enough to freeze water
during the
winter. The location is very sheltered and I would not
expect to
see
a swell in the marina except perhaps in a strong south
easterly and
probablly not even then.
Contact is n.salter@...

Best wishes, Anne and John, SM319