Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance question in case of total loss [1 Attachment]

Alex,

8.4.4 describes the terms of an "Automatic Termination for Total Loss." However, "8.4.1 – By you or us" specifies all of the conditions on which you can terminate...there are several options for you to terminate...remember as long as the loss date is prior to the termination date, you are covered for the loss. Also, 8.4.1 states, "Your contract is automatically suspended on the day following the sale at zero hour." I assume that you no longer own your boat, that, in fact, it has been sold to the salvage company.

I believe you have been given bad advice, but I am no expert.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 9:27 AM Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear Amel owners,

On my insurance policy (Helvetia subscribed through insurance DeLassee) it says (article 8.4.4) that my insurance is automatically canceled in case of total loss - BUT (last line of that paragraph) that the insurance only stops when then settlement has been paid.

Which is why the insurance still ask me to pay the premium for this year and likely the next one (since it is 25% less than the agreed value I am contesting it).

Does your insurance says the same thing?

Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre