Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance question in case of total loss [1 Attachment]

Hello Alexandre,

As you know, I’ve left de Lassée (Helvetia) because of their poor service.  Good at collecting their fees but “bar stewards” at paying out on claims.

I now use Y Yacht Insurance in UK for what its worth.  They have a plain language policy conditions and have an excellent reputation for settling claims quickly.

Best of luck,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, SM 007
Tonga

On 14 Oct 2018, at 03:27, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear Amel owners,

On my insurance policy (Helvetia subscribed through insurance DeLassee) it says (article 8.4.4) that my insurance is automatically canceled in case of total loss - BUT (last line of that paragraph) that the insurance only stops when then settlement has been paid.

Which is why the insurance still ask me to pay the premium for this year and likely the next one (since it is 25% less than the agreed value I am contesting it).

Does your insurance says the same thing?

Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre