Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sailorman DC-DC converters

I think that is also the reason for the double pole breaker for the SSB converter.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 3:42 PM 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Eric,

You are right. The only time  I have added a DC-DC convertor was for the SSB. So, that’s probably why I remember this being the case. Since the other convertors are running equipment not connected to the bonding, it makes sense they wouldn’t have to be isolated.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Aruba

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 10:53 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sailorman DC-DC converters

If I am not mistaken the Dc to Dc converter on the SSB has to have an isolated ground as

it indirectly connected to the bonding, via the underwater SSB grounding plates.

I can see no reason that you would need isolated converters as it is straight Dc to DC without any bonding involved.

Fair Winds,

Eric

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:35 AM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Alan,

If I remember correctly, the DC-DC convertors need to be isolated convertors. Regarding the amps, this is difficult to answer without knowing what you plan to run with the convertors.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Aruba

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 7:19 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sailorman DC-DC converters

Hi all, What is the amperage requirements for the 2 sailor convertors, I need new ones. I'm assuming 20 amps will be plenty and that I can get victron or master volt ones without any problem.
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai SM 406
Ft Lauderdale

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.