Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sailorman DC-DC converters

greatketch@...

My boat has "Sailor" N420 power supplies for the VHF, the HYDRA, and the PERMANENT, each rated for 8 amps.  Negative is common with the 24 Volt supply.

I also have a different arrangement for the SSB power supply, it LOOKS factory, a nice mount on a removable wood panel like other Amel installs... but maybe not.

It has a pair of ASTRON 2412-20 units connected to the double pole breaker, each is rated for 20 Amps and the output is paralleled. They are NOT isolated negative units.  They can't be, they have only three connections...

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA

---In amelyachtowners@..., <brouse@...> wrote :

Alan,

I am traveling today. I think that each of the Sailor converters are either 6 or 8 amps.

In the original Amel SM2k installation, the 3 Sailor 24-12VDC Converters powered:
VHF - Only VHF radio
HYDRA - Only B&G instruments
PERMANENT - AM/FM Radio, 12VDC outlet at Nav table, Cig Lighter and Chain Counter. This converter stays ON even when main battery switches are OFF, and has a toggle switch to turn it OFF.

Amel installed an optional ICOM 24 to 12VDC Converter for a SSB Radio. This was installed with a double-pole breaker which disconnected 24VDC positive and negative Poles.

If you have any other arrangement, maybe it isn't original.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018, 06:19 bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all, What is the amperage requirements for the 2 sailor convertors, I need new ones. I'm assuming 20 amps will be plenty and that I can get victron or master volt ones without any problem.
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai SM 406
Ft Lauderdale