Gennaker

Duane Siegfri

Wanderer came with the Amel Gennaker.  We are just now thinking of using it on our trip down the east coast.

Starting Monday it looks like a downwind run, but with some expected wind speeds above the 15kts true Amel specifies for the Ballooner.

The Amel Users Guide does not say anything about running the sheet through the jib car, or to a turning block; only that it should go to the 58ST electric winches.

I'm assuming it has to go to a turning block, anyone know if it should go thru the jib car block?

It's interesting to note that Wanderer also has a Gennaker in a sock, which makes me wonder if the Amel Gennaker is worn out.  I have put it up but haven't rolled it out yet.  If it isn't in good shape I'll put the other one up.

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477