Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Ballooner Not Locking
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 1:53 AM

The last few times I have used my ballooner it has
failed to lock into

the swivel. The halyard run looks normal and I have tried
various

rotational positions other than the recommended one of the
slot facing

dead aft. It still refuses to lock. I am wondering if the
swivel should

be lower to offset the rearwards departure of the halyard as
the hook

nears the top? I could only lower the genoa by a few inches
before it

touches the pulpit rails. I have tried both my nylon and
aluminium hooks

with and without the sail attached. The mousetrap on the
swivel looks

and functions normally, or did a few weeks ago when I had
the genoa down

after the problem first appeared.

Any thoughts please? I love using this sail.

Ian Shepherd SM2K 414 Crusader (2003)