Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: rivets in furler

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

HI, you can get a HD rivetiter at any good auto parts store that sells body parts. They don't come cheep, but there is no other way to pull those HD rivets.
Richard and Joan on SM 209

--- On Mon, 11/10/08, amelliahona <> wrote:

From: amelliahona <>
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: rivets in furler
Date: Monday, November 10, 2008, 1:35 AM
See message 3445 that in part says:

--- In, ""
<leonorebt@...> wrote:

Hello James,
The old rivits drop to the bottom of the unit so not a
the new rivits should be 1/4" wide by 1/2" deep.
The shaft that
sets the rivit is 2" long and the shaft itself is
.15" in diameter
so you need a hefty rivit gun to set them, not an ordinary
store unit. Hope this helps.

Bill Rahmig, Leonore of Sark SM72--- In,
sailw32@... wrote:

1994 Super Maramu Hull # 123

In a message dated 11/9/2008 8:42:37 P.M. Eastern
Standard Time, writes:


What boat do you have; model and Serial Number


-- In _amelyachtowners@amelyachtowname_
( ,
"sailw32" <sailw32@> wrote:

I need to replace several missing rivets on the
furler.I know in the
past I have seen the proper size and type of
rivet that should be used
posted.I failed to record that info, could
anyone inform me as to the
size and type that should be used. Thanks, Pat
McAneny S/V Shenanigans

**************AOL Search: Your one stop for
directions, recipes and all other
Holiday needs. Search Now.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.