Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan generator exhaust sensor

Alin Misescu

Thanks for your answer.  I measured the resistance through the switch and there is a permanent contact. So the switch is on all the times.

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 at 3:55, Vladimir Sonsev sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners]
wrote:

It can be bad temperature switch or it could be low water flow and switch shuts it off because overhitting.

Vladimir
SM 345 "LIFE IS GOOD"

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018, 2:36 AM alin1923@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello everyone. I have a problem with my Onan on a SM 2k, the generator starts and dies. After some reading , I discovered the problem, the sensor that is placed on the exhaust elbow. I took the wires and isolated them from each other and it runs perfectly. You put them together, the engine dies. Si I am pretty sure it is the sensor. Do you guys know where I can order it and what do I ask for? Is it called exhaust heat sensor?
Thank you.
Regards,
Alin