Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan generator exhaust sensor

Alin Misescu

Hey Ian. Thanks very much for that. Will order one asap.
Best regards.
Alin, SM2k 283 , Wanderer

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 21:10, Ian Shepherd sv_freespirit@... [amelyachtowners]
wrote:

Hi Alin,

The Onan part number is 0309-0295-01 Switch - Temperature. I got a spare from my local Onan dealer. Your problem is not unheard of. Good luck.

Ian shepherd SM2K 414 Crusader Marmaris Turkey

On 19/10/2018 09:31, alin1923@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Hello everyone. I have a problem with my Onan on a SM 2k, the generator starts and dies. After some reading , I discovered the problem, the sensor that is placed on the exhaust elbow. I took the wires and isolated them from each other and it runs perfectly. You put them together, the engine dies. Si I am pretty sure it is the sensor. Do you guys know where I can order it and what do I ask for? Is it called exhaust heat sensor?
Thank you.
Regards,
Alin