Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Companionway ( washboard ) rubber seal replacement?

Mike Ondra

When you order this you get 2 ea. 4 ft. pieces. So I do have extra pieces which I had at the rendezvous but failed to mention. You are welcome to one.

The metal does extend above the wood and is quite robust so I didn't bend it down and no problem when stepped upon.

Mike Ondra
Aletes SM #240 Rock Hall, MD
Soon to be St. Augustine, FL

On Oct 20, 2018, at 10:31 AM, bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mike, I'm about to purchase this seal from Rockauto but have a few questions first.

Do you have any material left?
It looks like the metal piece is raised above the level of the fixed piece of wood that is on the outside of the door. Did you ever bend that down flush or have you left it raised, i tend to put my foot on the door sometimes.
I wish i had looked at it while at the rendezvous
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai SM 406
Ft Lauderdale