Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Companionway ( washboard ) rubber seal replacement?

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Kent,

I have always kept my companionway varnished. Add to that furniture polish and it goes up and down really easily, have to be careful not to let it drop. My weather shield strip is original.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 21 October 2018 at 09:37 "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Here’s what I found a few years ago, it works great.

Here's the gasket material I found that works fine.  It's enough to do two replacements.

My first replacement in 2010 has dried out and needs replacement again after 5 years.

Purchased at JCWhitney.com

+1 800-529-4486

Belt Weatherstripping

Item No. 819751

Cost including shipping in 2010 was $28 US.

No bending required, just holes drilled and cut to length.

Since I put spar urethane on the companionway door, I’ve had no black rubber coming off on the door as it slides up and down.

Kent

SM243

Kristy

On Oct 20, 2018, at 10:31 AM, bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] < amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mike, I'm about to purchase this seal from Rockauto but have a few questions first.

Do you have any material left?
It looks like the metal piece is raised above the level of the fixed piece of wood that is on the outside of the door. Did you ever bend that down flush or have you left it raised, i tend to put my foot on the door sometimes.
I wish i had looked at it while at the rendezvous
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai SM 406
Ft Lauderdale