Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Companionway ( washboard ) rubber seal replacement?

Beaute Olivier

Hello again,

I read Craig's post and my last message was probably not clear enough.
Once full of water (as per the test we made at AMEL) a Super Maramu's cockpit  (when we unplugged the drain holes) drains in 75 seconds.
So, if the cockpit is flooded by a big wave, the water will not stay long enough to bring too much water in the hatch box. But some water may enter the engine room and the lockers (at least through the locking pin holes).

Feel safe and dry, this cockpit is not so much exposed as a stern cockpit.

Olivier

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 10:36:06 AM GMT+2, lokiyawl2 lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Bill Kinney,

   Thanks, that is exactly the information that I was looking for.  I don't mind changing the lip seal when the flocking wears away.  The non silicone wax also sounds like a great idea that I will adopt.

   Best,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
La Maddelena, Italy