Chain counter display

James Cromie

Hello Amelians -

I have been trying to figure out how to install a new chain counter display on  my 2002 Amel SM2K.  The original display from Pochon functions, but the LCD screen is barely readable.  I just replaced the sensor (though realized I didn't need to).

I purchased a "Quick" Chain Counter, Model CHC 1203, as I saw another owner with the same display and I was told that it worked well.  I have tried to install this, but the unit does not seem to detect any input from the sensor.  It seems as though the original counter provides 10V to the sensor, whereas the "Quick" unit only provides about 3V.  I wonder if there is a simple wiring change that I need to make, or if this is hopeless without using a different sensor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If any of you have this type of chain counter display, I'd love to know how it is wired and if you use the standard sensor (IFM IB5124).

Thanks in advance!

James

Soteria

Sm2K 347