From: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:26 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Companionway ( washboard ) rubber seal replacement?

Hi Kent,

I looked at the website of JC Whitney's and the items number nor the items name was found.

Are you sure about this company selling the gasket that fits the companion way?

Regards,

Willem Kroes

SM #351 KAVANGA

Op 20 okt. 2018 22:37 schreef "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Here’s what I found a few years ago, it works great.

Here's the gasket material I found that works fine.  It's enough to do two replacements.

My first replacement in 2010 has dried out and needs replacement again after 5 years.

Purchased at JCWhitney.com

+1 800-529-4486

Belt Weatherstripping

Item No. 819751

Cost including shipping in 2010 was $28 US.

No bending required, just holes drilled and cut to length.

Since I put spar urethane on the companionway door, I’ve had no black rubber coming off on the door as it slides up and down.

Kent

SM243

Kristy

On Oct 20, 2018, at 10:31 AM, bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mike, I'm about to purchase this seal from Rockauto but have a few questions first.

Do you have any material left?

It looks like the metal piece is raised above the level of the fixed piece of wood that is on the outside of the door. Did you ever bend that down flush or have you left it raised, i tend to put my foot on the door sometimes.

I wish i had looked at it while at the rendezvous

Regards

Alan Grayson

SV Ora Pai SM 406

Ft Lauderdale