Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Electronics: complete refit of hull 248, 1999 SM

Mike Johnson

Hi Vic,

We refitted with Furuno TZ2 and radar.  Works well with laptop etc. Only minor niggle is the NMEA 2000 AIS (digital yacht) is having difficulty communicating with the plotter.

Regards

Mike & Peta

Solitude
SM2K #461

On 29 Oct 2018, at 17:55, vic.fryzel@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start the refit of hull 248. I actually have it hauled and the masts down at the moment, so it's the perfect time to get a few details sorted.

As I'm working through the prep, I wanted to reach out and ask if anyone had any thoughts on best choice(s) for electronics/navigation/instruments? Not worried about cost or any of that, just trying to get what works best. I've had good past experiences in general with Simrad, Garmin, and Maretron, but have never used them on an Amel.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,

Vic