Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Suddenly screaming noise from the bowthruster and not moving the prop anymore

Willem Kroes

Hi Bill,

I bought the lower unit kit from Amel. Besides the end cap did not fit in (holes for the screws were at different distances) the unit is installed again. But I have some feeling of uncertainty.  I can move the prop of the bow thruster by hand when it is lowered with power off. Is this normal? I am still on the hard but the yards planning is to put me into the water tomorrow. I don't want to be forced to go out of the water immediately again because the bow thruster is not working correctly.

Please  advise.

Kind regards,

Willem Kroes

SM #351 KAVANGA