Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Suddenly screaming noise from the bowthruster and not moving the prop anymore

There are 2 pins that must be installed to keep the gear from turning on the propeller axel.

I am traveling today. I will try to upload a drawing later today.

Alex on Nikimat had exactly this issue when he rebuilt the lower unit. I think the gear is shipped from Amel without the holes for the pins in the gear wheel.

More later when I get home.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018, 12:34 Ian Park parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Mine also turns by hand on the Santorin. Maybe it’s a sign that previously the bearings wear binding quite tightly?
Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96