Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Suddenly screaming noise from the bowthruster and not moving the prop anymore

Willem,

Good luck to you.
Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 4:21 AM 'Willem J. Kroes' kavanga@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks you all for the information. In about two hours my boat will swim again and we will see if the bow thruster works again. Anyway I have now a little more confidence knowing that it is normal to move the prop connected to the motor without power by hand.

Best regards,

Willem Kroes

SM #351 KAVANGA

Op 2 nov. 2018 05:44 schreef "Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Yes,

It should turn easily by hand and turn the motor. I thought he was saying that the propeller was turning, but NOT the vertical shaft or motor.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018, 16:37 Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

When everything is correct, it should turn by hand fairly easily. What you do not want is the propeller to wobble on the shaft, which would mean the bearings inside are bad.

Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Hawaii

On Nov 1, 2018, at 05:51, Ian Park parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Mine also turns by hand on the Santorin. Maybe it’s a sign that previously the bearings wear binding quite tightly?
Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96