Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Main outhaul rope

Danny Simms

Thanks Paul,
I agree there may be a risk of damage by being too tight. I have tightened my dyneema 12mm to see if it stops the slipping but I dont want that much load on long term. I will try vectran as you did.
Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 19:07, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Danny

We bought a 12 mm Vectran line with a cover claimed to be high friction to avoid the slip, still it happens that it slip but very seldom now. If I would buy again I would try 12 mm Dyneema core, the creep and elongation would be very low.  A problem with to tight might be wear and tear on the bearings.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM259, in Hampton Virginia waiting for a weather window for Antigua