Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Isolation transformer

That is a really good question. I am not sure, but in places like Malaysia and others, you will find shore power at 260VAC 50htz. My experience is that around the world 50htz power will normally vary from 220 to 260. Of course, I also saw voltages as low as 180 in Greece.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 8:12 AM bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi All, i am just installing a Victron Isolation transformer. My input voltage from the pedestal is 245V and my output voltage from the transformer 259.5Volts 60hz.

Is this ok to run thru the boat? It seems a lot high in fact getting 240v from the pedestal surprised me.

Regards

Alan Grayson

SV Ora Pai  SM 406

Ft Lauderdale