Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Isolation transformer

Stephen Davis

I’m no expert, but I think you are on the edge of where some electronic components may be damaged by long term exposure to that much voltage. For example, my Mastervolt battery charger has a max input voltage of 265V. You seem like you are getting very close to that.

Regards
Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Hawaii

Steve Davis
S/V Aloha

On Nov 5, 2018, at 3:30 AM, bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi All, i am just installing a Victron Isolation transformer. My input voltage from the pedestal is 245V and my output voltage from the transformer 259.5Volts 60hz.

Is this ok to run thru the boat? It seems a lot high in fact getting 240v from the pedestal surprised me.

Regards

Alan Grayson

SV Ora Pai  SM 406

Ft Lauderdale