Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Isolation transformer

Mark Erdos

Alan,

I would think the answer depends on the electronic equipment you are running aboard with this current and the rating of the equipment. I do not think there would be a blanket answer of yes or no to your question. You will need to check the acceptable input voltages of the AC units, battery charges, water heater, etc. and determine if they can run with the higher voltages. Most equipment has a label with the acceptable range on it.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Aruba

www.creampuff.us