Re: Sailing Caribbean to US

Ian Park

Hi Wolfgang,
We met briefly in Port Napoleon 4 or 5 years ago.
Cape Verde Islands are worth exploring. If there is any swell in Mindelo your boat is safer and more comfortable in the anchorage. There are no piles on the pontoons and the movement of the pontoons in a swell can be very destructive to your boat.
From Mindelo the ferry across to Sao Antao is a good day out if you take a taxi up to the crater at the top and walk down the spectacular ( but very safe) path back down through the rain forest. Also Sao Nicolau is a lovely island, very welcoming people.
Don’t know what your destination is, but we crossed to Barbados which is an awkward island to get to from anywhere else. Glad we didn’t miss it out.

Have a great trip

Ian and Linda

Ocean Hobo SN96 (back in UK now).