mounting of dual racor filters

Alan Grayson

Hi All, i am changing from the single racor filter to dual racor 500 series filters.

When i removed the single filter it was mounted on a block of wood that had 2 bolts thru it which seem to be mounted thru the bulkhead.

1; i can't find where the bolt heads are. I do remember reading somewhere that the engine bay is double layer by that i mean the bulkhead then a layer of foam then more plywood then more foam which would explain why i can't find the bolt head.

Can anyone confirm that?

If it is the case then i should be able to screw into that wood to mount the new filter body frame which is considerably bigger with 3" thick mounting blocks which allows me to clear the drain water shutoff valve.

Can anyone confirm this?

Regards

Alan Grayson

SV Ora Pai  SM 406