Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Head Hose

Hi Gang,

No need for branded products.  A 2 step approach works wonderfully.

1. The deposits in the tube are formed by the interaction of saltwater and human urine mostly.  To alleviate the problem, we have a rule that each passage in the “loos” involve 20 strokes of the refill.  Then flush out.  This ensures that all urine is out of the pipe.

2. Flush with fresh water before going on the hard then pour a gallon of vinegar into the bowl.  Let sit for 1 day.  Then pump out the vinegar.  LET stand for a month or more.  Flush with fresh water.

NEVER have a problem with this practice.

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, SM 007
Opua, NZ

On 8 Nov 2018, at 09:11, brass.ring@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

There had been comments by I believe Bill Kinney & Kent Robertson about a product called Sew Clean, made by the same company that manufacturers Barnacle Buster.  It cleans out the deposits in the black water line.  I used it and it seems to work well.  Try a keyword search for more info or buy a quart and give it a go - so to speak.

Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54-68
Hampton, VA