Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ballooner Not Locking

Ian Shepherd

Hi Annsofie,

I have at last been able to drop my swivel and find out why the ballooner refused to lock in the up position. Danny was spot on in suggesting that the tongue of the locking piece had worn away. If anyone is ordering this part from Amel, be aware that there are at least two different sizes of the tongue assembly with different screw hole spacing.

Alas, I am also concerned that the swivel itself seems rather wobbly, so I might be in for a ball bearing change as well. I looked in the files section but cannot find the file that you suggest. If you still have a copy, can you please send it to me at crusader53@...?

Many thanks

Ian SM2K 414 Crusader Cyprus

On 23/10/2018 21:34, Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Take a look at the file "Changing ball bearings ...". We had the same problem on Lady Annila a few years ago. The file I reffer to shows all parts and what was wrong with ours. Maybe it could help you.

Regards
Annsofie at S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPad