Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Power draw at anchor
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:14 AM

We are leaving St Augustine for a month, and I am
trying to get my electric usage to near zero. I could only
get it down to 0.2 amps (as measured by the
Voltmaster/Batman). All breakers are off (at least the ones
I am aware of). I have taken the “permanent” Sailor
24>12 volt transformer out entirely, fuse removed. I then
noticed that the fuel gauge still works. I could not trace
the wires. There seems to be 19 volts at the gauge, but one
of the hot wires comes into a resistor. If I disconnect the
feed, the boat power usage does go down to 0.1 alternating
with 0.2.

Two questions:

Any idea where the fuel gauge gets its power from?

Any idea how to get the amps down to zero?

Thanks as always to all in this group.

Tom Peacock

Aletes SM 240

St Augustine Florida