Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Diaphragm Bilge Pump failure.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:45 AM Stephen Morrison steve_morrison@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

http://www.usplastic.com/mobile/catalog/item.aspx?sku=24136

Reducer couplings are fairly straightforward but can be challenging to find when you need one.

I mounted my Viking beside (tankside of) my Amfa and intend to put it on a switchable y and connected to the the 1-1/2 supply outflow line of my MK5 manual pump. The Viking is only there as a backup to the Amfa at this point and has spade ends on the wires so I can swap power quickly.

All the best,
Steve Morrison
SM380 TouRai
Hampton, VA

On Nov 1, 2018, at 3:26 PM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

If you replaced AMFA Bilge Pump with a Johnson Viking Power 32, how did you connect the 1.5" hose connections to the 30mm hose on the Amel SM?

It would seem easy enough to replace the 30mm hose with 1.5" diameter, but where the outlet hooks up to the main line going overboard, there is a fitting with a total of three lines coming in and one going out.  I wouldn't want to replace that...

I checked with the manufacturer, the hose barbs are molded into the pump body and cannot be replaced.  So it seems the best thing to do would be to:

1. replace the 30mm hose that goes into the sump with 1.5" diameter hose with a new check valve at the bottom.

2. find a 1.5" diameter to 1.25" diameter hose barb adapter to connect the outlet to the old hose.  I have not been successful in finding one of these.  If this is what you did can you t ell me where to look for one?

Thanks for your help,
Duane