Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ballooner Halyard

Stephen Davis

Thanks Ian...had not seen it done that way before, and it sounds quite simple. Hope you two are doing well, and looking forward to another sailing season next year.

Aloha,

Steve And Liz
Hawaii

On Nov 22, 2018, at 10:05 PM, parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Steve
We had ours replaced by Amel in Martinique this year. They just used a knot in each end on a captive shackle, no splice. I suppose the advantage of a knot is that the halliard pulls up tighter to the sheave than a splice when clicking the mouse in or out.

Best wishes

Ian and Linda

Ocean Hobo SN 96. (Now at home in Wales for internal refit.)