Onan Raw Water Cooling System Maintenance

pacificcool@...

I have Amel 141 from 1995.   Pacific Cool is currently in Fort Lauderdale for the hurricane season.  The technician looking after my boat for me recommended in an email I flush the Onan raw water cooling system with a special process that takes 10 hours and involves many fills and flushes including running the genset for four hours with an additive included.  Unfortunately, I cannot contact him at the moment to get more info.  It's apparently to remove rust build-up.   Does anyone know what this is all about.
Regards
Bill Shaproski
S/V Pacific Cool