Re: Swivel Horns

James Cromie

I can say that I witnessed the stabilizer rods bend in real time when I had the ballooner halyard get caught on the the rods while attempting to furl the twin headsails.  The first thing that happened was the halyard snapped.  The next thing I noted was that the two arms were bent as a result of the force of the furling torque against the taught halyard.

This was an error on my part admittedly, and now I know what not to do when managing the twin headsails.     I was able to bend them with a pipe  back into original configuration (which is straight, without any bend).  I would say that they did not take tremendous force to straighten again.

James
SM 347