Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan Generator

Mark Erdos

Heinz,

I think you are dealing with a couple of issues.

Since you had an electrical short did you check the master circuit breaker on the generator?

Is the fuel supply sufficient? Are you getting enough fuel from the electric pump? Is the fuel clean? The most common cause of a diesel engine shutting down once it has started is lack of fuel. Believe it or not, it is very hard to stop a running diesel engine.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us