Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan Generator

John Clark

Are you checking for fault codes at the remote start panel?
    John

SV Annie  SM37
Le Marin MQ

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018, 9:36 AM Heinz Stutenbaeumer heinz@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

All the electrical fuses are in. The diesel runs perfectly when I hold it Manuel at the start. Something has to tell him he's shutting
Heinz

Am 29.11.2018 06:52 schrieb "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Heinz,

I think you are dealing with a couple of issues.

Since you had an electrical short did you check the master circuit breaker on the generator?

Is the fuel supply sufficient? Are you getting enough fuel from the electric pump? Is the fuel clean? The most common cause of a diesel engine shutting down once it has started is lack of fuel. Believe it or not, it is very hard to stop a running diesel engine.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us