Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan Generator

Hi Heinz,

It is very easy, but I would suggest you "google" it on a site in your native language. Basically it is putting 12v across the coils to excite the generating circuit. There are many "U" tube expanations, too.

Good luck with it,
Craig

---In amelyachtowners@..., <heinz@...> wrote :

Thanks fore the anther but how do I re-flash a generator?
Heinz

Am 29.11.2018 um 10:41 schrieb sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Heinz,

I believe your Onan has a "No AC Output" shutdown switch that would shut it down as you describe.
With any luck, you may simply have to re-flash the generator to solve the problem.

If that doesn't work you'll want to check the circuitry on the generator for winding continuity, resistance through the brushes, etc. (I assume you have fixed the short circuit, of course, and checked breakers.)

Let us know what you find.
Cheers, Craig SN68

---In amelyachtowners@..., <mcerdos@...> wrote :

Heinz,

I think you are dealing with a couple of issues.

Since you had an electrical short did you check the master circuit breaker on the generator?

Is the fuel supply sufficient? Are you getting enough fuel from the electric pump? Is the fuel clean? The most common cause of a diesel engine shutting down once it has started is lack of fuel. Believe it or not, it is very hard to stop a running diesel engine.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us