Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Where does the water go?

Porter McRoberts

Paul. Good question. It might end up there. However I do know an expected cause of water there. Check the drip pan from the midship Air conditioner. It drains to a ball valve that can get clogged. The ball valve controls water entry into the main drain coming from the forward compartment. That valve is in the linear, center floor sole compartment just starboard the upright freezer and chest freezer.
It can become clogged with algae. And this definitely results in water in the sole compartment in front of the stove.

Best of luck.

Porter

A54-152 IBIS

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Dec 1, 2018, at 11:04 AM, sharongbrown@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

With the Amel 54, if fresh water leaks from one of the pipes in the forward head below the washing machine, i.e. one of the pipes that supplies the washing machine or the head, where does it end up? I lost maybe a litre there, and noticed some water in one of the sole compartments in the galley. However, if that is the same water then this breaches the forward watertight compartment.

Cheers,
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98